Women's Summit 2018
If you are attending THE summit, CLICK HERE to view the INFORMATIONAL PACKET with important details like schedule and packing list.
Who: The women of Del Rey Church (and their friends)
What: A refreshing weekend women’s retreat in mountain cabins
Speaker: Marlean Felix
When: Friday, May 4th to Sunday, May 6th
Where: Forest Home Christian Camps in Forest Falls, California (more info here)
Why: For a time of worship, edification, fellowship, and revitalization
How: We carpool up to camp and back
Cost: Early Bird Registration is $190 (opens February 1st and closes February 28th). Regular Registration is $220 (opens March 1st). These prices include program, room and board, speaker, etc.
TOPIC & SPEAKER
We are still working on the topic, but trust that it will be rich in the gospel and rooted in bible study.
DRC is very excited to have Marlean Felix lead us in the study of scripture at this year’s Women’s Summit. Marlean was the speaker at our 2016 Women's Summit, and we're so grateful to have her with us again! Marlean's primary ministry is supporting her husband, Paul (Senior Pastor at Fairview Heights Baptist Church) and their two adult children, Wes and Allyson. With a teaching credential from CSULA and a Bible Diploma from Los Angeles Bible Training School, Marlean also has vast experience sharing and expounding the gospel. She is currently a Master’s Seminary Wives Discipleship Speaker, Vacation Bible School Teacher, Women’s Bible Study Facilitator, Women’s Retreat and Conference Speaker, and Los Angeles Bible Training School Women’s Ministries’ Instructor. Marlean was raised by committed Christian parents and counts her father, a preacher, as the means by which God led her to Himself.
Forest Home Christian Camp is located in Forest Falls, which is about an hour and 45 minute drive from LAX (but can take longer with traffic). Forest Home exists for people to: Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
We will be staying at Forest Center, which is centrally located at Forest Home Christian Camp. Our cabins are suite-style, with two bunks per room and a bathroom for every two rooms.
Forest Home offers activities and amenities such as a zipline, giant swing, sky trail (high ropes course), coffee shop, clubhouse snack shop, the game room, hiking, basketball, volleyball, and plenty of other options.
• Bed sheets, blankets or a sleeping bag for your bed
• Comfortable, layered clothing for cold weather (e.g. sweaters over clothing and long underwear under clothing is best). If you are planning to play paintball, bring an old t-shirt and pants you don’t mind getting paint on.
• Warm jacket, gloves, hat, and/or scarf (mountain evenings are cold)
• Boots, hiking, walking shoes (e.g. sturdy, close-toed footwear, with rubber soles for traction)
• Water bottle
• Bible, notebook, pen
• Personal toiletries, including a shower towel
• Ear plugs or noise canceling headphones if you have trouble sleeping with noise (e.g., snoring)
• Any games or other things you want to play or do during the Saturday free time
• If you are driving, check weather.
• Money for snacks and extra needs
Please also come with an open heart and mind, prepared to worship the Lord, be edified by His word, and enjoy a fun weekend with the women of DRC!
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A SUMMIT? It’s time together to learn about God, study His word and be as a community of women together in the mountains. We are advancing and growing as a community of women – being discipled to fulfill the Great Commission -- and hence “summit” is more apt than “retreat.”
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO REGISTER? On February 1st, when Early Bird Registration opens, a registration link will be posted on this webpage. Early Bird Registration is $190 (opens February 1st and closes February 28th). Regular Registration is $220 (opens March 1st and closes April 15th). These prices include program, room and board, speaker, etc.
IS THERE FINANCIAL AID? As mentioned above, yes there is! Del Rey Church has congregational care funds for our congregation. Just let us know if you’re in need.
CAN I HELP SPONSOR LADIES IN NEED? CAN I SPONSOR SOMEONE SPECIFIC? Thank you for thinking of it! When you register, you can add a donation that will help with scholarships to ladies in need. If you have someone specific that you would like to sponsor, yes you can! Please email email@example.com for more details.
CAN I BRING MY NURSING BABY? We love babies and their mamas! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about your specific situation. We will do our best to accommodate nursing moms. If you do plan on bringing your nursing baby, please make sure to fill out a Forest Home Youth Registration Medical Form for your baby. You can download the form HERE.
CAN I BRING MY DAUGHTER? Adults 18 and older are invited to come to the Women’s Summit. Teens 16 and older are invited to come when they are accompanied by their mother. We strongly advise moms that the content of the Women’s Summit is adult in nature, so we suggest that only the exceptionally mature 16 and 17 year olds attend. We strive to create an environment where all attendees can share openly. Minors will room with responsible mother. Any camper under 18 must fill out a Forest Home Youth Registration Medical Form, which you can find HERE.
Registration for the Women's Summit consists of three steps:
1. Fill out the DRC Women's Summit Registration Form
2. Pay for the summit. You will be taken to the link while filling out the Registration Form, but if you miss it you can pay HERE.
3. Fill out Forest Home's Adult Registration Medical Form. You can download the form HERE or grab a hard copy at church. Please return this completed form to DRC by emailing a digital copy to email@example.com or bringing your hard copy to church with you on Sunday. (Please note: babies and youth have a different form that must be turned in. You can download Forest Home's Youth Registration Medical form HERE)